Thursday, March 19, 2009

Old Cars Suck



Ok, just a quick B*tch session about how old cars suck and the inability to afford a new one also sucks.

Went to get the brakes done on the 97 Pontiac. Yeah, not just the brakes. Your Sub-suspension rusted a HUGE whole to the point it is not structurally sound. Like, I couldn't drive it from the shop and them feel comfortable doing that. So, ok, I could let that go since I have a spare vehicle, right?

Wrong. A couple weeks ago before the "last big snow", I went to take my explorer. The pedals were going down at the same time. Great, grand, terrific. So BOTH of my POS's are out of commission. As I describe the problem to my mechanic. "Oh, that sounds like the fire wall came loose. That is a problem with those trucks around that year because the clutch was too tight and you had to push hard to shift." In the great acronym of a fun new website I was shown. FML.

So BOTH vehicles need significant work. Needless to say. The Explorer, as much as I enjoy it, will be going bye-byes and the Pontiac being the more "fuel efficient" of the two, will be getting fixed for a significant amount of money. I will accept donations if you happen to be above the recession. So, yeah, the saving must begin to obtain a more "reliable" vehicle in the not-too-distant future.

And you know what "Grinds My Gears"? I am stuck at work. Thank goodness for the bunkrooms, but no wheels and don't feel like dealing with the train. Now, I sleep at work, not being paid even and missing my wife and daughter. FML. I can't wait til they come to visit me at work tomorrow and bringing me supplies as I will most likely be here tomorrow night as well. Stop by and visit if you know where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment